THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Wind...

We finally had a non-rainy day on Monday and I got a jump start on my laundry to get all of my sheets and comforters washed and out on the line to dry.  It seemed like the perfect day for it!  There was even a good breeze to speed up the drying process......or so I thought.  It turned out that the good breeze was soon gale force gusts of wind at some 60 km/h give or take.  The snapping of the sheets as the wind blew harder was like a clap of 

thunder (albeit quiet thunder).  I was soon spending my time trying to unwind everything so it could fully dry, replacing snapped
 clothes pins to keep everything spread out, getting whipped by my laundry in the process!  
I soon discovered this was a lost cause as the clothespins were no match for the gusting wind and the weight of the sheets.  I began having to pick items up off the ground about every few minutes.  So I finally gave up and took them in.  They were mostly dry by this time anyway and thankfully no grass stains!  I love hanging laundry on the line to dry.  It saves electricity and therefore the environment by not running the dryer...but is it really that helpful if you might have to wash it again, using water AND electricity, because it landed on the dirty ground?  Or are you just supposed to sleep with ground in your sheets? 

The wind also put a beating on my newly planted Lavender.  Here's hoping the heartiness of this plant was not exaggerated and it survives.  A few of the more
 fragrant stems got broke off in the wind, but the rest of it is still firmly in the ground so I am hopeful!

There always seems to be something new for me to see each morning in the garden!  The Daffodils are making a glorious appearance with
 their sunny brightness.  And my hyacinths are beginning to show signs of glorious colour.  They are
 still quite short though and I am hoping they will sprout a little higher yet.

All of this growth shows me each day how good God is!  I am not a gardener and my green thumb just might be spray painted!  But God has created all of these plants to grow and thrive and I see his hand in all of it.





0 comments: