THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Blooms and grooms...

First bulbs in full bloom

Give courage to plant more!
My crocus' are all bright and beautiful in my flower bed.  Check one for the green thumb column!  
As a result, and thanks to our herb garden planting night I decided to get a little more ambitious!
I have added some lavender plants and their heavenly smell, a pink baby's breath and some flowering moss to my flower beds.  I really hope they do well, especially the lavender as I love the scent and look forward to drying the lavender.  
I also decided to grow some veggies!  

                                                       
I dug out this bed along the sunny side of the house and planted peas and carrots and will plant beans, zucchini and squash.  Yum!  
Then I got the great idea for Strawberries!  So I planted a strawberry pot!

I've never heard of doing this before but I was assured that it will work, so fingers crossed for some lovely red berries in June!
I really enjoyed being outside and doing all of this, especially with the lovely weather we are having!  I didn't even mind the dirt under my nails or the hard work, or even the manure!  (At least the sheep manure I bought didn't really smell...)
                                                        
After all of the planting was done I sat and relaxed on my front porch enjoying the beautiful sunshine and peaceful surroundings.  I even let Lily join me for a little, although she didn't seem to think it was the best idea...and Daisy wanted to come too!
      

0 comments: