THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Just call me Mary?

I know, I know it's been awhile since I posted.  I've been too busy enjoying the beautiful sunshine and watching all my plants grow to be in here posting about them!  Here is an update with some progress shots!  


Flowers...
          
Tulips! They are all done now, but they looked beautiful the reds and purples together!  Now that they are finished I am going to dig up the bulbs and save them to go back in come fall.  We are going to plant geraniums there for the summer.

     

Hyacinths!  I loved the contrast of the deep purple and the snow white against the bright green.  These were lovely to look at.  Unfortunately the ones I planted at the other end of the flower bed barely broke through the ground.  I'm going to dig up those bulbs and try replanting them in the fall.

    

Lavender!  I wasn't sure how this would fair...especially with some of the wickedly windy days we've had.  Sometimes wind gusts have been over 80 km/h and this plant doesn't receive any protection from the house.  Lo and behold though I am seeing these lovely dark purple sprouts from all over the plant.  A quick run of your fingers over the top and a lovely scent fills the air!

Food...

     

Strawberries!!! I was very concerned that these were not going to grow.  As you can see in the first photo it did not look too promising.  Now the pot is overflowing with green from almost every plant and I am looking forward to the time when the flowers and then the fruit will appear.  These are ever-bearing strawberries so I'm supposed to get several yields from them over the summer.

      

Peas and carrots!!! It's been awesome to watch how these have sprung up over the past week or so.  My mouth is watering just thinking of the sweet veggies I can eat fresh from my own garden.  I have also now been able to plant my beans, squash and zucchini.  Nothing to see yet but here is a full view of my vegetable garden!

                            

0 comments: